But it makes sense.
We like to think about love in some symbolic and emotional sense, but what about the physical?
- The way your heart flutters when you think of a person.
- Your body temperature increases and the palms of your hands sweat as you grow excited.
- You can actually become light-headed or weak at the knees.
- Life looks, sounds, feels, tastes and even smells better when you’re in love.
And when you’re heart-broken:
- You feel a tightness in the chest feels like the physical breaking of your heart
- You suffer from partial or complete insomnia
- You lose your appetite, have a stomach ache, and are even nauseous
- You’re always tired and fatigued
- You have anhedonia, an inability to feel pleasure
People invest all of themselves into relationships and love, whether they realize it or not. Be careful of who you get involved with, because they might abuse you completely. And if you know you’ve been given a heart, you take care of it… because the hurt you cause can be far worse than emotional.